ALAN LEVI PERSONAL TRAINING
Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
|Posted on December 30, 2012 at 1:03 PM|
Soy is touted as a great health food, but everyone from Charles Poliquin, Jonny Bowden through to Dr Briffa all maintain that it can do you more harm than good. Here are some reasons why:
1. The phytic acid that it contains can compromise your absorption of calcium, magnesium and iron
2. It was only recently introduced into our diet meaning we are more likely to have food sensitivity to it
3. The processing of soya means heavy chemical treatment - the slurry of soybeans is treated with acid and alkali solutions and there is heavy tainting of aluminium - this has been linked to an increased risk of Alzheimer's
4. It can inhibit digestion
5. It mimics estrogen - so, if you are a man who wants man-boobs or a woman who wants a bigger bottom and chunkier thighs, eat up!
6. It can impair the thyroid. Thyroid hormones are responsible for metabolism, so it can help pack on weight.
If you are a Mother who is moving to formula with your baby, then it is not my place to tell you what to do, but PLEASE research the negative effects of soy based formula on the endocrine system!
GET STRONGER, LIVE LONGER !